Join the Academy by becoming a Chartered Financial Divorce Specialist (CFDS). To become a CFDS you must complete the specialized training offered exclusively by the Academy.
The course is offered via the Internet for distance learning (self-study) with registration at any time.
About the course
The CFDS Course is divided into four modules consisting of reading materials, video tutorials and software manipulation.
The material focuses on all financial aspects associated with the cohabitation, separation or divorce process, including but not limited to the determination of assets and liabilities, support obligations, property division, pension evaluation, taxation implications, insurance requirements, cash flow, net worth outcomes and budgeting. Exams are on-line and a case study is submitted for final evaluation as part of module four of the course. View the course outline.
Please note, in order to enroll in the CFDS training you must hold a financial planning designation that is eligible as a prerequisite for this complex area of practice. View the prerequisites.
The course is available in fully digital format, or with hard copy. View the pricing details.
Benefits of joining The Academy include:
- Being a member of an elite group of professionals
- Contributing to industry changes
- Access to exclusive content, resources & tools
- Access to proprietary Perspective Software© & updates
- Ambassador program for speaker promotion & writing articles
- Free webinars with CE credits
- Exclusive pricing for Family Transitions Advanced Education Day
For more information please go to the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section of this site.