Meet our first CFDS-AA’s who successfully satisfied the standards for holding this designation:
Tanya Sterling, Victoria, BC
Ms Sterling is a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Financial Divorce Specialist with certificates in ElderLaw, Collaborative Dispute & Resolution, and Negotiation.
After completing a B.Com at Carleton University, concentrating in Accounting, Ms Sterling earned the CPA/CA designation from the Institute of Chartered Accountants, and became a Senior Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers, followed by KPMG.
With over 17 years of experience in tax accounting, financial reporting, strategic financial planning, facilitation, conflict management, and coaching for individuals as well as businesses, Ms Sterling is a strong financial resource to advise, educate, and coach clients to understand and overcome financial roadblocks.
Ms Sterling has been an active advocate in dealing with youth at risk, women, and seniors, volunteering in many different areas of the community. This includes being a member and advocate of several local groups such as:
- Victoria Harbourside Rotary Club (Past-Chairs of the Boys and Girls Club, Community Funding Committee, and Board Membership Director)
- BC Coalition to Eliminate Senior Abuse
- Co-Chair for the Victoria Chapter of the Minerva Foundation Follow A Leader Program
- Board member for the Capital Regional District Arts Advisory Council
- Mentor for University of Victoria Business students
- Youth at Risk and the Women’s Sexual Assault Centre
In recognition for work in the community and commitment to her clients’ needs, Ms Sterling
- won the “Top Visionaries Under 40″ Award
- was selected and recognized for “CA Young Achievement Award” from the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- was recognized as Douglas Magazine’s “Top 10 to Watch”
- was awarded a Paul Harris Fellow from Rotary International and attained a Rotary Governor’s Award
- was a recent finalist for the Leadership Victoria Coaching and Mentorship Award
Ms Sterling has been featured in BC Business Magazine, actively speaks and teaches in the community, writes various articles, and has been interviewed by magazines including the Times Colonist, Douglas Magazine, FOCUS, the Business Examiner, and featured in Boulevard Magazine’s March 2015 “Women Who Make a Difference”.
Learn more about Tanya Sterling’s Chartered Financial Divorce practice here:
Chartered Financial Divorce Specialist designation – Advanced Accreditation (CFDS-AA)
The following requirements must be met to be grandfathered for this higher designation:
- Graduated CFDS
- E & O insurance coverage up to date
- Three (3) letters of endorsement from other professionals who worked on cases together
- Checklist for endorsement (see application)
- Proof of other designations (if applicable)
For those eligible to be grandfathered, the temporary discount is available until August 31st
July 1st to August 31st – $500 + HST
The criteria to determine eligibility for grandfathering is available via a preliminary form you can request via firstname.lastname@example.org specifying ‘Mentor Designation Grandfathering’ in the subject line.